5/8/14

catch up

I think it's safe to say we have finally arrived in spring.  the snow is done.  the air is not freezing and the flowers are successfully blooming.  Phew.  I was afraid it would never happen.  That's what it felt like anyway.  But, I sat outside earlier this week with the warm sun on my face and ya'll, we made it. 

We made it through the longest winter ever!  It almost felt like an eternal winter Elsa! But alas, spring has sprung and we are no longer Frozen. 

This morning I went to our last MOPS meeting of the year.  And the community, the support - that's what it is about.  Moms being supported.  Moms finding community.  Moms realizing that they aren't the only mom on the planet who washes the same load over and over again because it didn't get moved to the dryer in time.  Seriously.  I'm not the only one who does that.  Amen! I loved this morning.  Moms got to stand up and say - I felt loved here.  I felt cared for.  I felt less alone.  I laughed.  I ate.  I was prayed for.  For some women, this MOPS group has been life saving.  I mean, you can only spend so much time alone with your toddler before you maybe want to jump out your own window or lock yourself in a closet b/c we all know toddlers are so fun and all.  So, here's my plug.. - if you are local, a mom of babies, preschoolers, kindergartners - then join us!  Talk to me, I'll help you get registered.  :)  And..  check this out - I wrote a blog article for the MOPS blog on hiking with your kids...  - Hiking with Kids    Go read it.  then register for mops.  or just read it.  or just go hike with your kids. 



No comments: