3/6/09

personal space

I was in Michaels craft store yesterday picking up some things for our Lenten program at church last night. I was standing in line which was a few people back and taking forever and as sometimes happens... there was a woman (older) standing behind me who had NO clue about personal space! You know that kind of person.. the person that stands in line behind you without leaving space between the two of you.. like if I took a tiny step back, I'd walk into her... I could feel her breathing on my neck kind of close.. irritating. While standing there being irritated at how close she was standing to me, I had a thought.. Jamie, just turn around and say to her..

"I'm sorry ma'm, but I am having a bit of a gas issue today - so you may want to not stand so close.."

if only I were so bold..

maybe next time..

No comments: