1/21/13

My Haiti Trip

haiti church 2

Dear Friends and Family,

I am writing to share with you a wonderful opportunity I have to enter into the short term mission field to serve God. Ever since I can remember, I have wanted to participate in an international mission trip and from Feb 26 – March 7 I will be going to Haiti! I will be joining the VIM (Volunteers In Mission) Team through the United Methodist Church. A team from VIM has been going for the last few years; working on building a church in the Croix Des Mission community. They feed breakfast and lunch to children and adults in this community, visit and help to care for children at a local hospital and participate in worship during Sunday’s church service. I am so excited to see what God is doing in this community and what God is going to be doing in my own heart while I am there.

 

haiti child

I would love to invite you all to pray for me as I prepare to go to Haiti and to pray for me while I am there serving. I will be there for 10 days and will get to celebrate my 37th birthday while there! Here are a few requests to be in prayer about!
* Prayers for safety; in traveling, while being in a foreign country, in the midst of poverty and disease. Pray for God’s protection over me and the team I will be a part of.
* Prayers for my family; For John and Asher and Hannah as I am a part from them and for my mom as she will help in caring for Asher and Hannah as well. Pray for children who don’t miss their mommy too much and a mommy who can manage for 10 days away from her babies!
* Pray for the work we will be doing; at the church, in the community, in feeding – both physically and spiritually
* Pray for hearts to be open to the love of God and for our communication of that love to the people of Haiti.

haiti kids

I would also like to invite you to prayerfully consider contributing a financial donation to help support my going to Haiti. My goal is to raise a portion of the cost of the trip which is $1800. Any money raised above that would go directly to helping the people in the Haiti community of Croix Des Mission as they fight against poverty and disease. Your participation will have a tremendous impact in the lives of hundreds of people, by providing Hope to this community.

haiti tents

If you would like to make a financial contribution, to help defray the cost, please make your tax-deductible check out to West Grove UMC, and write in the memo line, Haiti – Jamie Lindtner. The address for the church is 300 N. Guernsey Rd, West Grove PA 19390.

I will be blogging before we go and while we are there – about what we are doing and experiencing! Feel free to check in for updates at www.thelifeofthelindtners.blogspot.com

Thank you so much for your support and prayers! I am so excited to be going on this trip and I can’t wait to share with you all of what God is doing!

Blessings,

Jamie Lindtner

(P.S. – All pictures are taken from this blog - http://www.croixdesmission.blogspot.com/  which is written by our team leaders Bob and Sharon Parker.  The building at the top is the church we will be working on.  )

No comments: