11/10/11

365 Days of Thanksgiving

I noticed on facebook that people were starting 30 days of thanksgiving at the beginning of November - posting a new status each day something they were thankful for. I decided this year to join in! Some days it's easy - my thankful attitiude just jumps right out at me, but on occassion - it's been hard! I have to push myself to be intentional about writing something down. So, I've decided that I am going to do this for a whole year. That's right.. I'm going to do 365 days of thanksgiving. One thing, every day, that I am thankful for. I'll post it on facebook, but then every 10 days or so - I'm going to list them all here - at my blog. what are you thankful for today? Here we go! ~ Day 1: I am thankful for a hard working husband, who takes care of his family.
(John and baby Hannah) ~ Day 2: I am thankful for a God that loves me, fights for me and gives me hope. ~ Day 3: I am thankful for the warm sunshine and the warmth of it on my face, for the cool breeze and the colorful leaves that fall around me as I spend time outside with my littles.
~ Day 4: I am thankful for a quiet day by myself with my babies were at their grandparents house. And now I'm thankful that they are home and snug in their beds. ~ Day 5: I am thankful for the Lytle's and their willingness to let a whole bunch of youth come to their farm for a corn maze, hayride and bonfire. What a fun night! ~ Day 6: As we celebrate the saints in church today, I am thankful for those saints in my own life who have gone to be with Jesus before me. And this last year I am especially thankful for my poppop, Ben Brigden and my Uncle Robert.
(Arlington National Cemetary, Poppop's service, Feb 2011) ~ day 7: Today (and every day), I am thankful for my Asher Daniel. My firstborn, he made me a mommy, he teaches me about laughter and silliness. He brings energy into my world. I love his curiosity, his questions, his joy for life. He is so precious to me and I am so thankful that God made me his mommy!
~ Day 8: I am thankful for time spent with my mom and for the way that she loves my kids. ~ Day 9: I am thankful for a body that can move and run and exercise and a YMCA that I can go to to get my body moving ~ Day 10: I am thankful for a MOPS group that I can be a part of and for new friendships that are forming.

No comments: