9/21/11

I love me some babies

Anyone who knows me well, knows I love babies..  all kinds of babies – human to animals!  I draw the line at insects…  baby or not – I’m not a fan!  But..  give me a little human baby or a little animal baby and I’m in love.  Can’t help it…  their faces…  seriously gets me every time!

DSC_0826

A few weeks ago, we got to away as a little family to Chincoteague where we had a wonderful time just relaxing and being together.  Chincoteague, if you are familiar…  is known for it’s horses.  Well, Assateague really, but you can see the ponies from Chincoteague. 

DSC_0829

One morning, we went to this little pony center and we got lucky – there was a foal there!  I’m certain that I was more excited then anyone!  A baby horse…  I had to think, but I really don’t think I’ve up close and personal with a baby horse .  I’m not sure  you all get how exciting this is..  I love animals, and baby animals just melt me…  and make me all kinds of happy.  It’s how I roll. 

DSC_0837

Asher and Hannah from very early on have loved animals!  Hannah especially will just giggle at any animal.  She’ll say to whatever animal we are loving or seeing… – ‘awww baby’…  it cracks me up!  I love that they love animals! 

DSC_0840

We fed a baby possum here at home for a  couple of months…  I know…  a possum is gross. And a full grown possum is kind of creepy..  but this was a baby..  Just new w/ no momma to care for him.  He showed up on the porch to eat the cat food we put out – ya know, for the outdoor cats we care for..   and he was eating away.  Just a little thing..  couldn’t even figure out how to get back down the stairs when he was done!  Too cute…  John kept looking at me, my response,  ‘but he’s just a baby….’. 

DSC_0844

That is how we ended up w/ our 20 pound cat, ironically named ‘Tiny’.  We found her a few weeks before Hannah was born..  all of 2 pounds, across the street from our home…  a baby.  ‘Just a baby’.  It was to pour all weekend..  some big storm coming.  I couldn’t leave her out in it…  she was a baby.  Now she’s ours. 

DSC_0874

Like I said, I have a thing for babies. 

DSC_0884

This baby horse melted my heart.  It just wanted to be loved and loved and I was happy to oblige.  It was making my day to be petting this baby horse.  What made my day even more… … 

This!

DSC_0888

I think he’s smiling too!

Sheer Joy People!  he nuzzled my chin!! 

John was totally grossed out.  I made sure to rub my chin all over his face later…  ya know, to share the nuzzles! 

Yep, I love me some babies!  All kinds!

No comments: