9/4/09

Pickles

And no, that is not something i am craving.. it is however the newest member of our family.. - pickles the kitten. She's staying.. as if you couldn't have guessed that! She's as sweet as pie.. a real love bug, just wanting to be held and petted.. and fed! She and Snickers are getting there slowly.. but in time i think they will be okay. I hope!

We took Pickles to the vet today to get checked out.. (what an exciting outting for me!) While we were waiting for the results of a blood test they took on her, an old man comes in to the counter - to set up a private cremation for his dog who died. The man seemed grumpy - but in a i'm an old grumpy man kind of way - not a my poor doggy companion just died way.... He tried to use a credit card he hasn't used in 3 years and had some words for the credit card company when they wouldn't renew it for him.. his wife said - well, why won't they renew it.. his response - loudly.. because they are all xxxholes.. um - okay then! So, John and I are sitting there when he starts grumbling about needing help w/ the dog... so two techs go out w/ a blanket stretcher type thing to the back of the car - and John and I are going.. oh no, please be wrapped up - we don't want to see a dead dog being 'stretchered' in here! We're watching as they drag the dog out of the back... drop it into the blanket stretcher - and the poor dead dog is in a big old garbage bag.... and on they walked with him right on by us... john kept say to me - please don't cry,, don't cry... ha - I think he thought I'd be traumatized by seeing the dead dog! It was sad... I had a moment of silence for the poor dog...

And that is one more reason why although I love animals - i'm not a vet nor do i work w/ animals...

by the way - i'm 33 weeks along tomorrow... :) yippie....

No comments: